The Procurement department is organized as a staff department within Stamicarbon organization. It serves the whole company while working in close cooperation with other staff functions (Administration & Finance, Legal and Contract Management, etc.) and having direct links to the Business Lines by supporting their sales with high focus on the contracting of proprietary equipment and related technical services.
Proprietary equipment supply currently provides the largest stream of revenues and Stamicarbon cooperates with manufacturing partners for the production of such equipment.
To support business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our diverse and highly committed team providing procurement expertise in different product clusters.
In this role you will report to the Purchasing Manager and you will have the overall responsibility for the complete purchasing process of the engineered equipment and/or technical services assigned to you.
The Buyer’s goal is to ensure that equipment (such as piping, valves, instrumentation, spare parts) and related technical services are sourced with the lowest Total Cost of Ownership, within budget and on time.
While dealing with a fast paced environment, with multiple projects and sales prospects, the buyer will document the results of the purchasing process(es) by means of preparing a recommendation to purchase and a commercial evaluation, seek timely internal approval(s), negotiate and prepare Purchase Order(s) and receive acceptance letter(s) from suppliers.
In addition, the Buyer will manage the post order phase of spare parts until they are delivered and invoiced in accordance with the set contractual terms.
Main responsibilities include:
- Liaising with sales in order to handle their sales requirements and support them with supplier’s offers;
- Making sure that the requests clearly identify the scope of supply or service prior to the issue of RfQs;
- Running the whole procurement process, including preparation and issue of RfQs, bids receipt, supplier selection and negotiation and issue of a PO or Contract;
- Negotiating and securing Framework Agreements with strategic suppliers;
- Administrating the Purchase Orders / Contracts workflow (including SAP processing);
- Post order follow-up of spare parts to ensure that they are delivered timely and in accordance with the agreed technical and commercial Purchase Order terms and conditions, by monitoring the periodical status updates received from suppliers and acting as a focal point in collecting supply related documentation (material certificates, drawings, test notifications, delivery documents);
- Managing, when applicable, warranty claims, back-charges, and liquidated damages for spare parts;
- Leading timely resolution of escalated supplier issues;
- Liaising with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier;
- Reporting on different KPIs such as suppliers responsiveness, spending figures, savings and on-time delivery;
- Flawless operation of the Purchase-to-Pay process and its continuous improvement along the company‘s standard processes;
- Providing input for the yearly suppliers rating.
As a potential new colleague you are a strong negotiator and communicator liaising with the different stakeholders and you have an high commercial drive.
Main job requirements includes:
- Commercial and/or technical Bachelor (or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience if non-graduated);
- Experience of minimum 2 years in procurement of technical goods & services for capital projects, industrial manufacturing or contractors;
- Affinity with review and understanding of technical specifications;
- Knowledge of the purchase to pay process;
- Knowledge of SAP procurement environment;
- Familiar with main legal and contractual terms;
- Fluent in English and you enjoy working in a dynamic international environment. Dutch is a plus;
- Able to promote and influence change initiatives, implement and adapt to them;
- Able to balance competing priorities and drive projects to completion, communicate on progress and escalate when needed;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Ms. Natascha Brouns via 00316-38675384. Are you interested in this international career opportunity? Please apply via our website: www.stamicarbon.com/vacancies